- Fixed Antenna
- Wireless Streaming
- Full-Size Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Power Rear Window w/Defroster
- Aluminum Panels
- Tailgate Rear Cargo Access
- Step Bumper
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Chrome Front Bumper w/2 Tow Hooks
- Front Fog Lamps
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Running Boards
- Cargo Lamp w/High Mount Stop Light
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Instrument Panel Bin, Dashboard Storage, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins and 2nd Row Underseat Storage
- King Ranch Leather Bucket Seats -inc: 4-way adjustable driver/passenger headrests, heated and cooled 10-way power driver and passenger w/power lumbar, memory driver's seat, flow-through console and floor shifter
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Front Cupholder
- Door Mirrors, Steering Wheel and Pedals
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Remote Engine Start
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Pickup Cargo Box Lights
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Analog Display
- Glove Box
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Outside Temp Gauge
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Voice Activated Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Voice-Activated Navigation -inc: SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link w/5 years of service in the 48 Contiguous United States and D.C, Subscriptions to all SiriusXM services are sold by SiriusXM after trial expires, subscriptions are governed by SiriusXM Customer Agreement; see www.siriusxm.com
- Transmission w/SelectShift Sequential Shift Control and Oil Cooler
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- Automatic Full-Time Four-Wheel Drive
- Leaf Rear Suspension w/Leaf Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- 70-Amp/Hr 610CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 3.31 Axle Ratio
- Front HD Anti-Roll Bar
- Auto Locking Hubs
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 200 Amp Alternator
- Dynamic Hitch Assist Back-Up Camera
- Side Impact Beams
- Mykey System -inc: Top Speed Limiter, Audio Volume Limiter, Early Low Fuel Warning, Programmable Sound Chimes and Beltminder w/Audio Mute
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Rear Child Safety Locks
The 2017 F-150 has to be many things to many people. From work truck to cruiser, off-road vehicle to boat hauler, there is an F-150 for virtually every task. As a result, the lineup is diverse. There are four engines available on the F-150, six trims, and several body options.
The most basic engine is a 3.5L V6, which produces 283 horsepower and 255 pound-feet of torque, allowing for a tow rating of 7,600 pounds, which bests other competitors when equipped with their basic V6 engines. The next step up is a 2.7L turbocharged V6 that makes 325 horsepower and 355 pound-feet of torque. A bigger 3.5L turbocharged V6 makes 375 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque, helping the F-150 rate a class-leading towing spec of 12,200 pounds. The top-of-the-line 5.0L V8 makes 385 horsepower.
Trims include XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum and Limited. The basic XL trim is available with three different cab sizes and three different bed lengths in either 2WD or 4WD configurations. Owing to its work-truck pretensions, the XL is relatively light on bells and whistles, with just basic utilities like an AM/FM radio and a 4.2-inch screen in the center stack.
The XLT, while still relatively basic, adds chrome bumpers, Ford's SYNC 3 system, fog lamps, an alarm, air conditioning, automatic headlamps, cruise control, keyless entry, power windows, a powered tailgate and power door locks.
Lariat-trimmed F-150s start to venture into more luxurious territory and are only available with extended or crew cab cabins. Standard equipment on the Lariat includes power folding door mirrors, a rearview camera, 18-inch wheels, ambient interior lighting, steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls, a power sliding rear window, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather-trimmed seats, a 10-way power adjustable driver's seat, SiriusXM satellite radio and an 8-inch touchscreen.
King Ranch versions come standard with the 5.0L V8 engine, a crew cab cabin and 2-tone exterior paint. Other features on the King Ranch include LED box lighting, LED headlamps, lots of exterior chrome, heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals and an auto-dimming feature on the driver's side, a remote starter, heated front and rear seats, wood interior trim and dual zone climate control.
The Platinum version is the urban cousin to the King Ranch trim. Like the King Ranch, it's only available with a crew cab and the 5.0L V8. It also features a voice-activated navigation system, unique 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, LED side mirror spotlights, power deployable running boards, aluminum interior trim and a leather wrapped and heated steering wheel.
Finally, the Limited trim rides on 22-inch wheels and makes standard a whole range of convenience items that are optional on lesser trims. These include a 360-degree camera with split-view display, remote tailgate release, a twin-panel moonroof, and more.
Special Edition packages available on XLT and Lariat trims add appearance items such as unique 20-inch wheels with red sport lettering, black running boards, smoked headlamps, and exterior graphics, while the interiors benefit from special seats with Alcantara inserts and red contrast stitching throughout.
The biggest changes to the F-150 for 2017 come from an improved drivetrain. The 3.5L 'EcoBoost' engine gets a small bump in power for this year as well as a big jump in torque. Meanwhile both rear wheel drive and 4x4 versions of the F-150 get an optional 10-speed automatic transmission, aiding in both available power and fuel economy. Additionally, a new STX appearance package is available this year along with a few new exterior colors.