- Fixed Antenna
- Radio w/Aux Audio Input Jack
- Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/4 Speakers -inc: auxiliary audio input jack (not available w/SYNC)
- Full-Size Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Manual Tailgate/Rear Door Lock
- Tires: P245/70R17 BSW A/S
- Black Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Black Rear Step Bumper
- Black Manual Side Mirrors w/Convex Spotter and Manual Folding
- Cargo Lamp w/High Mount Stop Light
- Tailgate Rear Cargo Access
- Regular Box Style
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Fixed Rear Window
- Aluminum Panels
- Light Tinted Glass
- Black Door Handles
- Clearcoat Paint
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Wheels: 17 Silver Steel
- Black Grille
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Glove Box
- Full Vinyl/Rubber Floor Covering
- Front Center Armrest
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Voltmeter, Oil Pressure, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Transmission Fluid Temp and Trip Odometer
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Passenger Visor Vanity Mirror
- Analog Display
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Interior Trim -inc: Cabback Insulator and Chrome Interior Accents
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- 4-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- Pickup Cargo Box Lights
- Manual 1st Row Windows
- Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Instrument Panel Bin, Dashboard Storage, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Front Cupholder
- Cloth 40/20/40 Front Seat -inc: 2-way manual driver/passenger adjustment and armrest
- Engine: 3.5L V6 Ti-VCT FFV
- 200 Amp Alternator
- GVWR: 6,010 lbs Payload Package
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Towing w/Harness and Trailer Sway Control
- 3.55 Axle Ratio
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 23 Gal. Fuel Tank
- 70-Amp/Hr 610CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Leaf Rear Suspension w/Leaf Springs
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- Transmission: Electronic 6-Speed Automatic -inc: tow/haul and sport mode
- 1910# Maximum Payload
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Side Impact Beams
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Safety Canopy System Curtain 1st Row Airbags
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
The 2017 F-150 has to be many things to many people. From work truck to cruiser, off-road vehicle to boat hauler, there is an F-150 for virtually every task. As a result, the lineup is diverse. There are four engines available on the F-150, six trims, and several body options.
The most basic engine is a 3.5L V6, which produces 283 horsepower and 255 pound-feet of torque, allowing for a tow rating of 7,600 pounds, which bests other competitors when equipped with their basic V6 engines. The next step up is a 2.7L turbocharged V6 that makes 325 horsepower and 355 pound-feet of torque. A bigger 3.5L turbocharged V6 makes 375 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque, helping the F-150 rate a class-leading towing spec of 12,200 pounds. The top-of-the-line 5.0L V8 makes 385 horsepower.
Trims include XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum and Limited. The basic XL trim is available with three different cab sizes and three different bed lengths in either 2WD or 4WD configurations. Owing to its work-truck pretensions, the XL is relatively light on bells and whistles, with just basic utilities like an AM/FM radio and a 4.2-inch screen in the center stack.
The XLT, while still relatively basic, adds chrome bumpers, Ford's SYNC 3 system, fog lamps, an alarm, air conditioning, automatic headlamps, cruise control, keyless entry, power windows, a powered tailgate and power door locks.
Lariat-trimmed F-150s start to venture into more luxurious territory and are only available with extended or crew cab cabins. Standard equipment on the Lariat includes power folding door mirrors, a rearview camera, 18-inch wheels, ambient interior lighting, steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls, a power sliding rear window, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather-trimmed seats, a 10-way power adjustable driver's seat, SiriusXM satellite radio and an 8-inch touchscreen.
King Ranch versions come standard with the 5.0L V8 engine, a crew cab cabin and 2-tone exterior paint. Other features on the King Ranch include LED box lighting, LED headlamps, lots of exterior chrome, heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals and an auto-dimming feature on the driver's side, a remote starter, heated front and rear seats, wood interior trim and dual zone climate control.
The Platinum version is the urban cousin to the King Ranch trim. Like the King Ranch, it's only available with a crew cab and the 5.0L V8. It also features a voice-activated navigation system, unique 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, LED side mirror spotlights, power deployable running boards, aluminum interior trim and a leather wrapped and heated steering wheel.
Finally, the Limited trim rides on 22-inch wheels and makes standard a whole range of convenience items that are optional on lesser trims. These include a 360-degree camera with split-view display, remote tailgate release, a twin-panel moonroof, and more.
Special Edition packages available on XLT and Lariat trims add appearance items such as unique 20-inch wheels with red sport lettering, black running boards, smoked headlamps, and exterior graphics, while the interiors benefit from special seats with Alcantara inserts and red contrast stitching throughout.
The biggest changes to the F-150 for 2017 come from an improved drivetrain. The 3.5L 'EcoBoost' engine gets a small bump in power for this year as well as a big jump in torque. Meanwhile both rear wheel drive and 4x4 versions of the F-150 get an optional 10-speed automatic transmission, aiding in both available power and fuel economy. Additionally, a new STX appearance package is available this year along with a few new exterior colors.