- Audio interface, USB port, located in center console (Deleted when PCR Technology Package is ordered.)
- Audio system feature, 6-speaker system
- Enhanced Acoustic Package
- Bluetooth for phone personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- Audio system AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback capability, graphical display
- Audio system feature, auxiliary input jack, located in center console
- Wheels, 16 (40.6 cm) painted aluminum
- Tire, compact spare and spare wheel, includes jack and lug nut wrench
- Headlamps, halogen composite with automatic exterior lamp control and delay feature
- 1LT Exterior Appearance includes LS Exterior Appearance content plus body-color outside mirrors, chrome belt moldings and 16 (40.6 cm) machined-face alloy wheels
- Tires, P215/60R16, all-season, blackwall, low rolling resistance
- Glass, solar absorbing, tinted
- Lamp, LED center high-mounted stop/brake (CHMSL)
- Wipers, front intermittent, variable
- Mirrors, outside, power-adjustable, manual-folding (Deleted when (PDB) 1LT Driver Convenience Package is ordered. Mirror caps are body-color.)
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Console, center with sliding armrest, storage, front and rear 12-volt auxiliary power outlets and dual cup holders
- Visors, driver and front passenger vanity mirrors
- Steering column, tilt and telescopic
- Oil life monitoring system
- Seat trim, Premium cloth
- Shift knob, leather-wrapped
- Glovebox, auxiliary, center dash (Deleted when (PDU) All-Star Edition is ordered.)
- Mirror, inside rearview manual day/night
- Convenience hooks, rear
- Floor mats, carpeted front and rear
- 1LT/ECO Interior Appearance includes LS Interior Appearance content plus auxiliary glovebox in center dash, leather-wrapped steering wheel with Polar Silver accent and leather-wrapped shift knob
- Power outlets, 2 auxiliary, located in center console
- Theft-deterrent system with anti-theft alarm and engine immobilizer
- Seats, front bucket with reclining seatbacks and adjustable head restraints
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped 3-spoke with polar silver accent
- Armrest, rear center, articulating, with dual cup holders
- Door locks, power
- Lighting, interior dome with theater dimming, dual map lights, illuminated trunk area
- Cruise control
- Seat adjuster, front passenger 6-way manual
- Center stack, integrated with ambient LED back lighting
- Key, primary foldable, additional foldable
- Steering wheel controls, mounted audio and phone interface controls
- Defogger, rear-window, electric
- Assist handles, driver, front passenger and rear outboard
- Cup holders 2 in front center console, 2 in rear seat armrest and 1 bottle holder in each front door panel
- Seat, rear 60/40 split-folding with adjustable head restraints on outboard positions
- Rear air ducts, floor mounted
- Air conditioning, single-zone electronic includes air filter
- Driver Information Center with trip odometer, fuel range, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy, average vehicle speed, tire pressure and oil life remaining
- Windows, power with Express-Down on all and driver Express Up
- Seat adjuster, driver 6-way manual
- Steering, power, electric, rack-mounted
- Suspension, rear, compound crank
- Suspension, front independent McPherson strut, aluminum control arms with hydraulic bushings, 25mm hollow stabilizer bar
- Front wheel drive
- Brakes, front disc/rear drum
- Transmission, 6-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive
- Engine, ECOTEC Turbo 1.4L Variable Valve Timing DOHC 4-cylinder sequential MFI (138 hp [103 kW] @ 4900 rpm, 148 lb-ft of torque [199.8 N-m] @ 1850 rpm)
- Battery, 438 cold-cranking amps
- Alternator, 130 amps
- Axle, 3.53 final drive ratio
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Air bags, frontal and knee for driver and front passenger, side-impact seat-mounted and roof rail for front and rear outboard seating positions includes Passenger Sensing System (Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Safety belts, 3-point, all seating positions, front height adjustable
- Door locks, rear child security
- Safety belt pretensioners, driver and front passenger, dual
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren), for child safety seats
- Trunk emergency release handle
- StabiliTrak, stability control system
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock
- OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan includes Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance and Turn-by-Turn Navigation (Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.)
- Traction control
- Tire Pressure Monitor
The 2014 Chevrolet Cruze is offered in LS, 1LT, 2LT and LTZ models--all in just one body style, a 4-door sedan. An ECO model slots between the 1LT and 2LT in pricing, while a new top-of-the-line Clean Turbo Diesel model lands at the top of the lineup.
Each trim level except the top LTZ is offered with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission, but the LTZ is automatic-only. Base LS models are powered by a 138-horsepower, 1.8L Ecotec 4-cylinder engine with variable valve timing. All LT, LTZ and Eco models include a 1.4L Ecotec turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that also makes 138 hp, but makes 148 pound-feet of torque in a lower rev range; it's also smoother and earns better mileage, of 26 mpg city, 38 highway with the LT and LTZ, or 28/42 mpg on economy-minded ECO models. ECO models also include a number of functional changes that earn its better mileage--like lightweight alloy wheels, aerodynamic improvements and a taller drive ratio.
The Clean Turbo Diesel has a 2.0L turbo-diesel 4-cylinder engine under the hood; it makes 148 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque--more than some V6 engines. Thanks to an "overboost" function that pushes torque to 280 pound-feet for ten seconds at a time, it can accelerate the Cruze to 60 mph in 8.6 seconds. Meanwhile, it earns an EPA highway rating of 46 mpg and it passes the most stringent 50-state emissions standards (Tier 2 Bin 5), thanks to an exhaust after-treatment fluid system. Timing-belt replacement is also extended to 100,000 miles.
The diesel engine is only paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission, and it includes some of the same upgrades as the Cruze ECO--such as ultra-low-rolling-resistance tires, a rear spoiler and the Aero Performance Package and leather upholstery. To provide plenty of cold-cranking power there's an upgraded 800-amp battery and a 140-amp alternator as well as biodiesel-compatibility with blends up to 20-percent biodiesel (B20).
The Cruze is 181 inches long, with a wheelbase of nearly 106 inches, so it's not surprising that this amounts to one of the most spacious compact-car cabins; it almost feels like a mid-size, and there's a big, well-shaped 15-cubic-foot trunk. The twin-cockpit look to the instrument panel is backlit with LEDs, while there are soft-touch materials throughout, plus well-integrated infotainment displays.
Base LS models of the Cruze include cloth upholstery and steel wheels, plus power windows and locks, as well as Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free communication. Cruze 1LT models add a lot of popular features like cruise control, an express-up driver's window, and leather trim for the steering wheel and shift knob. On top of that, the Eco model adds Chevrolet MyLink connectivity (with streaming audio, voice recognition and compatibility with some smartphone audio apps), plus a 7-inch color touch screen and 17-inch lightweight alloy wheels. 2LT models step up to Meridian leather upholstery, heated front seats and a power driver seat. Then at the top of the line, the LTX gets automatic climate control, a rear vision camera, vanity mirrors, heated outside mirrors, fog lamps and keyless entry, among other additions.
A number of packages add even more equipment; for instance the Driver Convenience Package adds vanity mirrors, a rear vision camera and power adjustable mirrors to the 2LT, while a Technology Package can add MyLink to the 1LT. An RS Appearance Package brings a sporty look to either LT or LTZ models, adding rocker moldings, a rear spoiler, fog lamps, and unique fascias, as well as ice-blue backlighting and opaque instrument cluster bezels.
The Cruze includes ten standard airbags, including front knee bags and rear seat-mounted side bags. Add the Enhanced Safety Package and the Cruze comes with features atypical in this class: Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and Rear Park Assist.
The debut of a new 2014 Chevy Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel model is the big news for the Cruze lineup this year. With a modern "Clean" diesel engine that's already been proven in the European market, the Clean Turbo Diesel model can accelerate to 60 mph in 8.6 seconds yet earns an EPA highway rating of 46 mpg. It also meets the most stringent U.S. emissions requirements and is B20 (biodiesel-blend) compatible.
Elsewhere in the Cruze lineup, a new set of colors are subbed in. Red Hot, Rainforest Green Metallic, Tungsten Metallic and Blue Ray Metallic replace Autumn Metallic, Blue Topaz Metallic, Victory Red and Cyber Gray Metallic.