- SYNC with MyFord Touch -inc: voice-activated, in-vehicle connectivity system, 8.0 center-stack touch screen w/audio control and compass, 2 USB charging ports, SYNC Services receive a complimentary 1 year prepaid subscription
- Tires: P275/65R18 OWL A/T
- Regular Box Style
- Front Fog Lamps
- Body-Colored Wheel Well Trim
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Full-Size Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Cargo Lamp w/High Mount Stop Light
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Front Cupholder
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Power Adjustable Pedals
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Door Mirrors and Pedals
- Rear Cupholder
- Systems Monitor
- Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Full Cloth Headliner
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Pickup Cargo Box Lights
- Analog Display
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Towing w/Trailer Sway Control
- Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver -inc: smart trailer tow connector and 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness
- Transmission: Electronic 6-Speed Automatic -inc: tow/haul mode
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- 23 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Electronic Transfer Case
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Transmission w/SelectShift Sequential Shift Control and Oil Cooler
- 70-Amp/Hr 610CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 1640# Maximum Payload
- Engine: 2.7L V6 EcoBoost -inc: start/stop system
- Front HD Anti-Roll Bar
- GVWR: 6,500 lbs Payload Package
- Auto Locking Hubs
- Automatic Full-Time Four-Wheel Drive
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 200 Amp Alternator
- 3.55 Axle Ratio
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Safety Canopy System Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Side Impact Beams
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
The 2015 F-150 has to be many things to many people, from work truck, to cruiser, to offroad vehicle, to boat hauler; there is an F-150 for virtually every task. As a result, the lineup is diverse. There are four engines available on the F-150, five trims and with several body options.
The most basic engine is a 3.5L V6 which produces 283 horsepower and 255 foot-pounds of torque, allowing for a tow rating of 7600 lbs, which bests other competitors when equipped with their basic V6 engines. The next step up is a 2.7L turbocharged V6 making 325 horsepower and 355 foot-pounds of torque. A bigger 3.5L turbocharged V6 makes 365 horsepower and 420 foot-pounds of torque, helping the F-150 rate a class-leading towing spec of 12,200 lbs. The top of the line 5.0L V8 makes 385 horsepower.
Trims include XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum. The basic XL trim is available with three different cab sizes and three different bed lengths in either 2WD or 4WD configurations. Owing to its work-truck pretensions, the XL is relatively light on bells and whistles, with just basic utilities like an AM/FM radio and a 4.2" screen in the center stack.
The XLT, while still relatively basic, adds chrome bumpers, Ford's SYNC system, fog lamps, an alarm, air conditioning, automatic headlamps, cruise control, keyless entry, power windows, a powered tailgate and power door locks.
Lariat trimmed F-150s start to venture into more luxurious territory and are likewise, only available with extended or crew cab cabins. Standard equipment on the Lariat includes power folding door mirrors, a rearview camera, 18" wheels, ambient interior lighting, steering wheel mounted audio and cruise controls, a power sliding rear window, an autodimming rearview mirror, leather trimmed seats, a 10-way power adjustable driver's seat, SiriusXM satellite radio and an 8" touch screen.
King Ranch versions come standard with the 5.0L V8 engine, a crew cab cabin and 2-tone exterior paint. Other features on the King Ranch include LED box lighting, LED headlamps, lots of exterior chrome, heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals and an auto-dimming feature on the driver's side, a remote starter, heated front and rear seats, wood interior trim and dual zone climate control.
The Platinum version is the urban cousin to the King Ranch trim. Like the King Ranch, it's only available with a crew cab and the 5.0L V8 engine. It also features a voice-activated navigation system, unique 20" polished aluminum wheels, LED side mirror spotlights, power deployable running boards, aluminum interior trim and a leather wrapped and heated steering wheel.
The Ford F-150 has been completely redesigned for 2015. The new truck is tougher, sturdier and stronger but also lighter and smarter. Ford has injected a healthy dose of modern technology into a class of vehicle that has traditionally valued "proven know-how" over "exciting new possibilities." With the introduction of a second available Ecoboost V6 this year, Ford continues to utilize turbocharged engines in its workhorse pickup truck, which is paying dividends in gas mileage and power.