- 40-watt AM/FM stereo w/CD/MP3 player -inc: aux input jack, (4) speakers
- Mast antenna
- Solar-tinted glass
- 15 steel wheels w/covers
- body-color door handles
- body-color pwr mirrors -inc: integrated spotter mirrors
- Steel mini-spare
- P185/60R15 BSW tires
- Black beltline moldings
- Intermittent front wipers
- Body-color bumper
- 3-bar chrome grille
- Quad-beam halogen headlamps
- Black decklid eyebrow molding
- Rear dome lamp
- Center dome lamp -inc: map lights
- Instrumentation -inc: tachometer
- Front unique cloth bucket seats w/adjustable headrests -inc: manual 4-way adjustable driver seat, manual 2-way adjustable passenger seat
- Metallic interior trim
- Front door storage bins
- Front carpeted floor mats
- Air conditioning w/electronic actuation
- Anti-theft engine immobilizer
- Rear seat heat ducts
- Floor console
- Rear defroster
- Door handles w/metallic applique
- (6) cupholders
- Auto locking pwr door locks
- Front passenger seat map pocket
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Metallic shift knob
- Pwr windows w/driver 1-touch up/down
- Message center -inc: trip computer
- Remote keyless entry
- Aux 12V pwr point
- Cloth 60/40-split rear seat w/adjustable headrests
- Dual front sunvisors w/mirrors
- 1.6L I4 Ti-VCT engine
- Front wheel drive
- Easy Fuel capless fuel filler
- Electronic pwr-assisted steering
- 5-speed manual transmission -inc: 4.07 axle ratio
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Side impact airbags
- Rear door child safety locks
- Dual stage front airbags
- AdvanceTrac stability control w/electronic stability control
- Driver knee airbag
- Passenger occupant detection system
- Front/rear side curtain airbags
- Height-adjustable seatbelts w/pretensioners
- Front disc brakes & rear drum brakes
The Ford Fiesta sees few changes for 2012. Its 120-horsepower, 1.6L 4-cylinder engine features Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing, which enables smoother low-rev torque while also maximizing fuel economy, all with an EPA highway rating of 40 mpg (when equipped with the Super Fuel Economy package). A 5-speed manual transmission is standard, but the available 6-speed PowerShift transmission is unique in the class; the twin-clutch automated manual transmission helps improve both fuel economy and performance versus a traditional automatic.
In most other ways, the Fiesta is laid out much like other subcompacts. The suspension, which has struts in front and a twist-beam axle setup in back promises a sportier driving experience than other economical cars. Electric power steering helps bring more feel of the road than hydraulic systems while also saving fuel; brakes are discs in front with drums in back.
Although the interior layout of the Fiesta, available as either a hatchback or 4-door sedan, is much like other cars of its size, Ford offers upgraded materials and trims inside, as well as a wide range of textures and colors. The result is a more premium, sporty feel throughout the cabin. Upholstery choices include cloth, leather, or perforated leather with contrast piping, while available ambient lighting includes a choice of seven different colors. Ford has made an effort to keep the interior especially quiet with the use of foam baffles inside the pillars, as well as additional sound insulation behind the instrument panel.
Inside, the Fiesta comes with bucket seats in front and a 60/40-split bench seat in back, which can be folded forward in part or in all to expand cargo space. Front seats are designed for a wide range of sizes, and the steering wheel tilts and telescopes. Cupholders are adjustable, while several smaller bins are provided for odds and ends.
The mid-level SE models include cloth upholstery and keyless entry, a CD audio system and power windows and locks. Fiesta SES Sport and SEL models add a 6-speaker, 80-watt sound system, along with a floor console, ambient lighting, cruise control and an additional 12-volt outlet. On the outside, they also get heated side mirrors, LED running lamps, side marker lamps and upgraded 16-inch alloy wheels. Safety features are plentiful in the Fiesta: side and side-curtain airbags are standard on all models, as is a driver-side knee bag. Electronic stability control and anti-lock brakes are also included.
A new Premium Sport Appearance Package is available for 2012, featuring blackout trim, spoiler and 16-inch wheels. Opt for the manual transmission, and the package also includes a 4.25 final drive ratio in place of the standard 4.07 cogs. This change is intended to improve acceleration.
Options offered on the Fiesta include push-button start, heated side mirrors, a power moonroof, remote start and keypad entry. Custom accessory packages bring other extras such as illuminated doorsill plates, a cargo net, or cargo organizer and premium paint colors such as Yellow Blaze metallic tri-coat are available at extra cost.
Following its U.S. introduction in 2011, the Ford Fiesta continues mostly unchanged for 2012. Updates include the addition of several new packages, including a Premium Sport Appearance Package, which looks much like the Euro-spec Fiesta RS with blackout trim, spoiler, 16-inch wheels and 4.25 final drive gears in place of the standard 4.07 when equipped with a manual transmission. Several Premium interior packages are also available on the SEL and SES trims this year, featuring 2-tone color schemes like Oxford White/black and Race Red/black.