- Mast antenna
- Premium 80-watt AM/FM stereo w/CD/MP3 player -inc: (6) speakers
- SYNC voice activated communications & entertainment system -inc: Bluetooth capability, steering wheel audio controls, USB port, audio input jack, 911 assist, vehicle health report, Applink
- Body-color bumper
- Intermittent front wipers
- Quad-beam halogen headlamps
- Aluminum spare wheel
- Body-colored door handles
- 3-bar chrome grille
- P185/60R15 BSW tires
- Black beltline moldings
- 15 steel wheels w/covers
- Black decklid eyebrow molding
- Body-color heated pwr mirrors w/side marker lamps -inc: integrated spotter mirrors
- Solar-tinted acoustic glass
- Message center -inc: trip computer
- Pwr windows w/driver 1-touch up/down
- Front passenger seat map pocket
- Dual front sunvisors w/mirrors
- (2) aux 12V pwr points
- Metallic interior trim -inc: steering wheel spokes, center finish panel, IP canisters, door handles, A/C register bezels
- Rear dome lamp
- Metallic shift knob
- Floor console
- Center dome lamp -inc: map lights
- Cruise control
- Auto locking pwr door locks
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel -inc: redundant audio controls
- Air conditioning w/electronic actuation
- Front door storage bins
- Door handles w/metallic applique
- Front carpeted floor mats
- Anti-theft engine immobilizer
- Rear seat heat ducts
- Cloth 60/40-split rear seat w/adjustable headrests
- Remote keyless entry
- Front unique cloth bucket seats w/adjustable headrests -inc: manual 4-way adjustable driver seat, manual 2-way adjustable passenger seat
- Instrumentation -inc: tachometer
- (6) cupholders
- Rear defroster
- Easy Fuel capless fuel filler
- 5-speed manual transmission -inc: 4.07 axle ratio
- MacPherson independent strut front suspension
- Twist beam rear suspension
- Electronic pwr-assisted steering
- Front wheel drive
- 1.6L I4 Ti-VCT engine
- Dual-stage front airbags -inc: passenger sensing system
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Rear door child safety locks
- Height-adjustable seatbelts w/pretensioners
- AdvanceTrac stability control w/electronic stability control
- Driver knee airbag
- Front-seat side impact airbags
- Front disc brakes & rear drum brakes
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Side-curtain airbags
The Base Fiesta S is aimed at economy minded customers. Air conditioning, an auxiliary input jack and a 4-inch touch screen are standard, while the car can be optioned with a nicer sound system, keyless entry and auto locking doors.
The mid-level SE models include these items as standard, while also adding the latest version of Ford's SYNC system, power windows, a trip computer, heated side mirrors and cruise control. Top of the line Titanium Fiesta add features that are unusual in the subcompact market, including heated leather seats, SiriusXM radio, pushbutton start and a perimeter alarm system.
The Ford Fiesta's 120-horsepower, 1.6L 4-cylinder engine features Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing, which enables smoother low-rev torque while also maximizing fuel economy, all with an EPA highway rating of 40 mpg (when equipped with the Super Fuel Economy package). A 5-speed manual transmission is standard, but the available 6-speed PowerShift transmission is unique in the class; the twin-clutch automated manual transmission helps improve both fuel economy and performance versus a traditional automatic.
In most other ways, the Fiesta is laid out much like other subcompacts. The suspension, which has struts in front and a twist-beam axle setup in back promises a sportier driving experience than other economical cars.
Although the interior layout of the Fiesta, available as either a hatchback or 4-door sedan, is much like other cars of its size, Ford offers upgraded materials and trims inside, as well as a wide range of textures and colors. The result is a more premium, sporty feel throughout the cabin. Upholstery choices include cloth, leather, or perforated leather with contrast piping, while available ambient lighting includes a choice of seven different colors. Ford has made an effort to keep the interior especially quiet with the use of foam baffles inside the pillars, as well as additional sound insulation behind the instrument panel.
Inside, the Fiesta comes with bucket seats in front and a 60/40-split bench seat in back, which can be folded forward in part or in all to expand cargo space. Front seats are designed for a wide range of sizes, and the steering wheel tilts and telescopes. Cupholders are adjustable, while several smaller bins are provided for odds and ends.
Safety is addressed with a stability control system, a tire pressure monitoring system and a variety of airbags. Front side airbags, side curtain airbags and driver's knee airbags all come standard across all Fiesta trims.
Ford has simplified and streamlined their trim levels for the Fiesta in 2013, bringing them more in line with the rest of the Ford lineup. The Fiesta is still available in two body styles, hatchback and sedan. Both body styles can be ordered in one of three trim levels, S, SE and Titanium.